Friday 21 August 2015

Wearable Arts

Description: In class we had to choose what topic we wanted to be in for Wearable Arts in production. The choices were: Out of Africa, Elements or Heros and Villans. Since I wasn't there, I was placed in Out of Africa. A Wearable Art is not a costume but a Garment. A Garment is ART!!!! We also had to think of a color scheme. So we created a mood board to inspire us for making new ideas or  creating different color schemes.

Here is my mood board and my planning.



Evaluation:
1) The materials that I used to create my garment were:
  • Fabric
  • Felt
  • Papier Mache
  • Paint
  • Bottle Caps (green/blue)
  • Elastic
  • Fluff
  • Wire
  • Beads
  • Wooden Elephant
  • NewsPaper
  • Duct Tape
  • Tinfoil
  • Feathers
  • Pen
  • White Fabric Stuff
  • Fedora
  • Ribbon
  • Etc (I forgot)
2) The most challenging thing about production for me was:
Making my hat because the tinfoil wouldn't stick to my base which really mad me frustrated.

3) One way I demonstrated a growth mindset during production was:
Thinking that if I keep trying I will get it done with excellence.

4) Something I am really proud of about production was:

Completing my skirt because now it looks FAB!

5) Our school vision is to create agency, creativity and excellence. I showed this by:
Thinking of the most creative way of colouring my wings and giving my tail lots of coats.

1 comment:

  1. I have loved seeing your ideas come to light through your garment. You have worked hard to think about the different elements of Africa and put those into your garment. You have worked really hard to strive for excellence with your garment and I am looking forward to seeing it completely finished and on stage.

    ReplyDelete